National Open Research Laboratory of Information and Space Technologies.
The main purpose of activity of the Laboratory - is an ensuring the conduct of the research work on information and space technologies in accordance with the contracts with authorized bodies and subjects of scientific and technological activities.
Copyright 2015 by NORLIST
As part of the laboratory was implemented a project on remote sensing of the Earth (under contract with JSC "KazGeoCosmos": "To work together on the creation and development of the Centre reception and processing of remote sensing of the Earth").
Were carried out operations to transfer large amount of data to the computing cluster, satellite images and orthophotos. Algorithm of photogrammetric processing of aerospace data was developed, in order to build orthophotos and digital elevation models.
The algorithm fire monitoring (impact of steppe and forest fires and burning flares) was developed, based on satellite data TERRA, AQUA / MODIS. Also the monitoring of pasture and crop areas in the Republic of Kazakhstan had become the result of this work.
The algorithm estimates the surface temperature of the earth and thermal anomalies in the Republic of Kazakhstan was developed according to satellite images TERRA, AQUA / MODIS.
Results of projects:
• Research and development of algorithms for processing aerospace images on a supercomputer to create electronic topographic maps
• Methodology of architecture and prototyping GRID-system
• Development of an interactive portal on OCR in the official language, using high-performance computing
• Development and implementation of supercomputer risk mapping techniques negative impact on the biota of the accident at the facilities of the oil and gas industry
• Random switching processes
Third-party organization's projects, that implemented in the Laboratory:
1. Program for the development of methods development and implementation of effective public policies based on the theory of parametric regulation mechanisms of the market economy.
World-class research conducted under the authority of the A.A. Ashimov, supervisor of the program, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Academician of NAS RK The theoretical results are: Foundations of the theory of parametrical regulation of the evolution national economy. Applied research results are presented in the form of macro-analysis tools, studies the effects of the economic parameters and to develop policy recommendations based on mathematical models:
• macroeconomic markets, money, goods, money, general equilibrium of Keynesian;
• open economy of a small country;
• conjunctures cycles;
• a number of deterministic and stochastic computable general equilibrium models;
• endogenous growth et al.
The expected results of the implementation of the program Introduction of study methods of quality mathematical models, macroeconomic analysis, making recommendations on the selection of the effective values of economic instruments of national economic development based on an initial set of mathematical models of economic system as an information system for training and decision support, will provide a significant improvement in key indicators for the economic system of the country (for example, providing 22% of the country's GDP growth in 2014 compared to the base version of the evolution of the economy).
2. Development of an automated system of recognition of Kazakh speech. The main goal of the project is to create a software package for recognition Kazakh speech.Achieving this goal will allow people to communicate with computer and manage them with voice. Voice input and voice control is increasingly being used all over the world.Automated telephone services, robotics, dictation text systems, looking up information in audio recordings - this is not a complete list of areas wherepromisingly to use of automatic speech recognition systems.
Also, this project will help to expand the base of the Kazakh language as the state language in public administration, economy and everyday life.
A more detailed description of the projects: Activities in the field of information technology. LLP "Izet-ru" is working on the project of the Science. Project title: "Development of automatedsystem of recognition of Kazakh speech".
At present, Kazakhstan has no software to recognize the Kazakh language. The end result of the project will be the following:
• speech recognizer as software;
• base acoustic information of the Kazakh language;
• acoustic model of the Kazakh language;
• kazakh language model.
3. RSE «Scientific Center for anti-infectious drugs" is implementing a project on modeling of active complexes of drugs based on halides of iodine.
Own Laboratory Projects:
As a result of competition for grant funding in 2011, announced the MES, NNLKP ICT won 2 of the project:
1. Innovative project “Development and implementation of interactive portal by OCR in the official language”.
• Integration with the international community developers of open algorithms OCR.
• Creation of the Web-portal, built by the standards of W3C Web 2.0.
• Launch of the online service by OCR in the official language.
• Implementation of the model by OCR in accordance with the international open standards of building such models.
• Yielding of high performance algorithm of OCR using supercomputers
2. Innovative project "Development and implementation of risk mapping methods of the negative impact on the biota of accidents at the facilities of oil and gas industry on a supercomputer".
The proposed project will be built a chain of research beginning with the theoretical probability of a set-up up to developing a problem analysis of risk mapping and its use in problems of the most important for Kazakhstan oil and gas industry built on a supercomputer model. The result will be science-based mathematical model, which can serve as the proving ground for further research and be the basis for the development of appropriate technology risk mapping.
It should be noted that:
• The scale and complexity of the problem belongs to the class of problems, numerical solution of which is only possible on modern supercomputers. Consequently, it is about the efficient use of laboratory supercomputer to solve the relevant problems of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
• Researches in the area of risk mapping are on the most advanced frontiers of the world and are associated with severe environmental problems and safety of human habitation in the areas where industrial enterprises are located;
• Existing and accepted methodologies for assessing the use of industrial risks are mainly based on expert assessments, which are often subjective and are influenced by individuals, interested in producing with minimum cost. As an example, we can highlight an approved methodology in Russia RD 03-418-01 «Guidelines for the conduct of risk analysis of hazardous production facilities» or international standard ISO 17776:2000 « Oil and Gas Industry. Offshore installations. Guidance on means and methods for hazard identification and risk assessment», adoption of which did not reduce accidents or their impact on biota and humans.
As part of the program for the development of university research has been won the project "Design methodology of architecture and creation of prototype of GRID system".
• Development of a virtual center of the servers, that consist of a server issuing a certificate, basic GRID-service and problem-oriented services.
• Development of services to connect supercomputers, and other computing resources to the GRID-system.
• Creation of a complex software system GRID-system.